How do I know which size fits my Air Conditioner?
First, determine if your condenser pad is made out of concrete or plastic. If plastic, measure both, the condenser pad and the a/c unit to make sure the cage will go around the unit AND the pad (NOTE: Be sure to measure the height from the ground instead of the top of the pad). If concrete, measure the length, width and height of the a/c unit. We recommend double checking your dimensions as all shipped cages are non-refundable.
Are the cages accessible for maintenance?
Yes. Some cages have hinged tops making them easier to maintain than others. However, all cages can be removed by unscrewing the nuts or security fasteners securing the cage to the ground.
Can the cages come in different colors?
Yes, our cages all come in satin black but can be manufactured in a custom color for an additional charge.
How much is shipping?
Shipping costs vary on size, weight and quantity. Most cages are shipped unassembled to drastically reduce shipping costs. However, we can ship fully assembled. As a best practice, any Length, Width, or Height over 38 inches will likely require a custom quote for shipping. Please CALL US
if your dimensions are beyond 38" in any direction. If they are not, please feel free to use our online ordering system.
How easy is the installation? Can you install it for me?
The installation is very easy. Each cage comes with instructions and an installation kit. Yes, we do offer installation locally for an additional charge. Please CALL US if you would like to schedule an installation.
Do you offer a discount for bulk orders?
Yes, we do offer bulk discounts. Please call us for more information.
Are the cage dimensions measured from the inside or outside of the cage?
All cage dimensions are measured from the inside of the actual cages. For example, a 32x32x32 cage has a 32 inch length, width and height inside of the cage.
How is the cage shipped?
Depending on the quantity of the order, it is either shipped Fedex Ground or Fedex Freight. Anything over 150lbs is shipped FedEx freight but, for any one cage, it will most likely be shipped FedEx ground.
Which lock is best for me?
Either lock will suffice but, for bulk orders, we recommend the silver lock since it can be keyed alike or differently while the brass lock can only be keyed differently.
Whats the difference between CIK and GIK?
CIK is short for concrete install kit and GIK is ground install kit. An installation kit is included with each cage. However, you do need to specify which installation kit you need since you only receive one of the two. If you have a condenser pad underneath your A/C unit, make sure to check if its either concrete or plastic. If plastic, we recommend going one cage size bigger to make sure you have plenty of room to dig your holes for the in ground installation around your condenser pad.
Concrete Slab Installation Recommendations
Needs: 3/8″ drill bit and open end wrench
1) Set cage in desired location over a/c unit.
2) Identify and mark the location of all holes at bottom of your cage on the slab (either 4 or 5 depending on your cage).
4)Using a 3/8″ drill bit, drill 2-2.5″ deep into concrete slab on all previously marked spots from step 2. Once drilled, make sure holes are cleared of excess concrete.
5) Turn cage upside down, place wedge anchors into weld tab holes on the cage and lightly secure them with either, nuts or security fasteners.
6) Turn cage right side up and place back into desired location over unit with wedge anchors going into your previously drilled holes (tap anchors once placed in holes to confirm going to bottom of hole depth).
7) Tightly fasten your nuts or security fasteners to make sure anchors have tightly wedged into concrete. Your cage should now be secure!
Ground Installation Recommendations
Needs: 1 bag of Sakcrete (80lb bag recommended), post hole digger or shovel and open end wrench
1) Set cage in desired location over a/c unit.
2) Identify and mark the location of all holes at bottom or your cage on ground (either 4 or 5 depending on your cage).
3) Dig holes 4.5″-5.5″ deep into ground in marked locations from step 2 and clear holes of any excess dirt.
4) Turn cage upside down, place L-bolt anchors into holes at bottom of cage and lightly secure them with either, nuts or security fasteners.
5) Turn cage right side up and place back into desired location over unit with L-bolts anchors placed into your previously dug holes.
6) Make sure cage is level, then pour Sakcrete into holes around each L-bolt anchor. Your cage should be secure once Sakcrete sets!
Rental Cage Units
Safeguard A/C does offer rental cages in the event a customer prefers an Hvac cage for only a short period of time. One example of this would be a homeowner selling their property and wanting to protect their air conditioner until the sale date, especially if left vacant. Rentals are only available in the Central Florida area. For more information regarding air conditioning cage rentals please call us at 855.AC.GUARD.
NOTE: We recommend cage rentals for all vacant properties! They are a bullseye for stolen Air Conditioners!